As an experienced midwife I know the difference it can make to a couples birthing journey when they have been fully prepared, know what to expect and how they can work together to help achieve a positive experience. It is really important that mothers and their partners have the right preparation for birth and life with a new baby. I understand that every couple and their baby are unique, so I plan my sessions with this in mind.
The full Parenting Course is 6hrs in total and focuses on;
- Self help during pregnancy
- Bonding with your baby during pregnancy
- Understanding how your body works during Labour & Birth
- Being fully prepared for Labour & Birth
- Active Birth
- Water Birth
- How you can help yourself
- Partner support
- Breathing & Relaxation
- Understanding Medical Intervention
- Help from drugs
- The magical first hour after birth
- Caring for your baby
- Life with a new baby
Parents who have had a baby before and want an update can book a refresher session.
My Parenting sessions are tailored to suit individual needs and can be booked at times and days to suit.